The History Of Our Home
The Arkansas Alpha Chapter of Pi Beta Phi was established on the University of Arkansas campus in 1909 with Mary Campbell serving as our first president. In the 1950’s, Mary and her husband, James Gregory, donated land at 502 West Maple to build a new Arkansas Alpha Chapter House and move from our previous home at 519 N. Oakland. The Gregory’s generous donation to our chapter’s future resulted in two newly constructed houses on the property over time. In 1958, the Pi Phi’s moved into a new mid-century modern, pink brick home that was lovingly dubbed “The Pink Palace”. However, as our chapter grew and we faced structural and technological challenges to keep our home updated, it became apparent that the our chapter had outgrown the 60 year old structure. In 2014, we embarked on Building Our Legacy: The Second Century Campaign, and we opened the doors of our new home in 2016. This couldn’t have been possible without the help of countless Arkansas Alphas giving of their time and making generous donations to the campaign, which continues today.
In 2019, we marked our 110th Anniversary on the University of Arkansas campus. Our hope is that every Arkansas Alpha will make a donation to the campaign to continue our legacy! Donations made today and in the future will be used to reduce the mortgage on the house and/or to maintain our investment. Click here to donate today.
Jenessa Dyer Bailey, Co-Chair
Arkansas Alpha, 2001
Melissa “Misty” McIlroy Hawkins, Co-Chair
Arkansas Alpha, 1981
Celebrating 110 Years On The Hill
Be A Part
The Second Century Of Arkansas Alpha Pi Beta Phi